It’s about my attitude to your furniture
Here at HeartFelt, I’ve always thought that customers aren’t interested in fancy talk but more about my attitude to their belongings. So here’s my attitude…
My aim is to offer the best possible clean available to each and every customer.
Why? … Because, since 1996 I have built and staked HeartFelt’s reputation on quality results and service. That’s why my loyal clients are happy to recommend me.
The HeartFelt cleaning and conditioning knowledge & service:
- I assess several aspects of your lounge, its needs and position.
- I only use cleaning & conditioning products designed for leather furniture.
- I carry 3 different strength cleaners for a variety of leathers and problems.
- I’m trained to know how to study your lounge as/so I thoroughly clean it.
- I assess your Leather type – not all leather is cleaned & conditioned the same way.
- I thoroughly coat the body contact areas with conditioner and then buff them.
- I want to work with you – I educate you, guide you, and give you tips.
- I can supply you with the right products and info to help you maintain your leather.
Why & When & How Leather Lounges should be Cleaned and Conditioned
Leather is a fabric!
Leather is porous!
What happens is:
When your leather is not regularly (yearly) conditioned (and therefore gets DRY=thirsty) the leather which is actually under the colour (pigment) which is actually under the top coat (clear), will draw “elastins” (in the pigment) out of the colour.
This will imbalance the pigment and it will crack, and therefore the clear coat will crack and therefore your leather is now exposed to body oils, salts, perspiration, and dirt and will therefore deteriorate and rot and tear and look very old and unpleasant before its time. THIS IS CALLED: DETERIORATION FROM THE BOTTOM UP.
But Here’s a BIG Problem With YOU Regularly Conditioning Your Leather:
Before your leather is conditioned, the leather surface must be thoroughly and properly cleaned of all spills, spots, body oils, salts, perspiration, dirt, grime and anything else on the surface that doesn’t belong. “WHY must this be done so thoroughly“, I hear you ask. Because if you condition these residues “in” with conditioner, they will break down your top coat, then your pigment, then the leather. THIS IS CALLED: DETERIORATION FROM THE TOP DOWN.
- Conditioning also gives the leather surface a degree of water/liquid resistance.
Other factors that can damage your Leather Lounge are:
- Medications: the perspiration of people on many common medications.
- Heat: do not allow any heating device or outlet within 60 cm of your lounge.
- Liquids: coffee & tea can stain leather permanently, nail polish & remover.
- Direct Sunlight: it will cause fading, dryness and hardening of the surface.
- Mould: mould is a live organism, it thrives in a cool non air moving area.
- Pets: their claws scratch open the topcoat, their saliva, hair oil and body fluids cause stains.
- Dust: dust your lounge as you would other items in your home.
- Shoes: scuff marks or colour transfer at the face base of your lounge.
THIS BUSINESS IS INDEPENDENTLY DEVELOPED AND OPERATED BY ONE MAN